UNV post-2015 products
The following documents were produced by UNV or contain input from UNV to promote the integration of volunteerism in the post-2015 development agenda.
Knowledge products and tools
- UNV toolkit on volunteerism and the Sustainable Development Goals (2015)
A living selection of materials to understand the new agenda and the role of volunteerism in achieving the SDGs.
- UNV V-Mentions document (as of 9.12.2015)
A living catalogue of mentions of volunteerism in key documents from the UN, Member States and other sources
- UNV Issue Briefs (2014)
A UNV series summarizing the contribution of volunteerism to different issues and highlighting its cross-cutting role. They support UNV's advocacy efforts to recognize volunteerism in the post-2015 development agenda as a key complementary mechanism for social, economic and environmental transformation.
- UNV Overview: Volunteerism in the 2030 Agenda
UNV's vision on volunteerism in the new sustainable development framework, including possible volunteer activities for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
- UNV's contribution to national dialogues on the implementation of the post-2015 agenda
- Advocating for volunteerism in the post-2015 development agenda at national level
- UNV Overview: Advocating for volunteerism post-2015
UNV's vision on volunteerism and sustainable development, with a look ahead at the potential of volunteerism for the implementation of the post-2015 framework.
- Youth volunteers - Engaging communities, changing lives
Volunteerism is an important universal strategy to promote the engagement of youth in achieving sustainable development in the post-2015 context. This series of stories, collected by UN Volunteers from across the world, is about young people who transform themselves and their reality through volunteerism.
- Posters & Leaflet - Volunteering for post-2015
- UNV post-2015 newsletter (2012-13)
Technical and policy documents
- UNV feedback to Open Working Group (OWG) 19 Focus Areas document (April 2014)
- Report of UNV Stakeholder Meeting, New York, 2013 (September 2013)
A task force of volunteer groups was set up to scale up efforts to make volunteering more visible
- UNV Position Statement on the post-2015 development agenda (English Français Español)
Documents co-authored by UNV
- Report of Global Meeting of post-2015 Dialogues on Partnerships with Civil Society (Siem Reap, Cambodia, 20-21.10.2014)
- Findings from the UNDG e-discussion with civil society on partnerships and voluntary commitments (July 2014)
Prepared by the co-leads of the UNDG Dialogue on Partnerships with Civil Society for the Session on Means of Implementation at the second meeting of the High-level Political Forum (30 June-11 July 2014)
- UNDG People's Voices Issue Brief for the 8th meeting of the Open Working Group (3-7 February 2014)
- Issues brief developed by the Technical Support Team (TST) to the UN System Task Team (UNTT), supporting the Open Working Group of the UN General Assembly: