Grow Movement. www.growmovement.org
We believe in the economic empowerment of the people in the least developed countries on earth. Grow Movement uses remote volunteer consultants on an ultra low cost base to help entrepreneurs in these communities realise their dreams, relieve poverty and create employment. Our sponsors and volunteers help improve the world one small action at a time and see the results for themselves.
Results of our first 40 completed projects
- Our entrepreneurs created net 100 jobs
- Grow Movement spent £65 on overheads in Uganda for every net job created, less than £6,500, representing a compelling social return on capital. Our economies of scale mean the same amount of work today would only cost approximately £2,400
- 20% average (6% median) real increase in profitability 1 after 8 months on average in an 18.7% inflation environment where most business’ profitability is declining 2 . At the same time, the increase in profitability significantly increases the job security of the 425 pre-existing and new employees
- 100% of businesses on completed projects reported their Grow Movement consultant was a significant influence on these employment and profitability increases, and reported substantial improvements in the skill sets focused on in their projects, principally marketing, finance, operations and business planning
- 87% of businesses and 85% of consultants on completed projects would highly recommend Grow Movement to a friend (rated Grow Movement 9 or 10 out of 10)
- We disclose 100% of final written feedback from entrepreneurs and consultants in the forum, unedited except to protect third party confidentiality
- The 21 published case studies (case studies section) show the 24 projects where 91 of these jobs were created with video testimony from 15 of our entrepreneurs
The assessment and audit have enabled us to establish key performance indicators in line with our charitable objectives to support the fight against poverty:
- creating jobs
- improving economic performance of micro, small and medium enterprises
- building capacity to successfully run businesses in the country
- during the same time period as our first 40 completed projects 17 projects were screened out at the scoping phase as unsuitable for remote consultancy and an additional 6 projects did not complete post scoping
By working to these objectives, we believe we will support the development agenda where it is needed the most.
1 Inflation adjusted at a rate of 18.7% to August 2011 using the business owner’s testimonial of their change in profitability since working with Grow Movement
2 All the businesses stated Grow Movement was a major influence on the job and profitability increases
Full story at http://growmovement.org/results.html .