Country Level Actions
UNV aims at increased recognition and integration of volunteerism and related concepts in national and global post-2015 policies and discussions in a number of ways:
- engaging with key constituencies, mechanisms and institutions related to the development of the new framework including the sustainable development goals and supporting national level discussions and events related to the new framework, including the UNDG-led national consultations in 88 countries;
- strengthening national level capacities to support consultations, outreach, stakeholder engagement and collection of good practices.
UNV has been engaging a growing number of national and international Volunteers for the post-2015 process, namely in Algeria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Bhutan, Cambodia, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Viet Nam, Zambia.
In more than 30 countries, UN Volunteers:
- Support UNDG (United Nations Development Group) related consultations;
- Foster stakeholders’ engagement;
- Support MY World offline and online rollout.
They continue to bring closer grassroots and local initiatives to national level fore after the consultations, as the inter-governmental negotiations for the new development agenda advance. Various national level events and workshops are conducted with stakeholders at national level in order to leverage stakeholders' voices, share good practices and identify concrete opportunities for Volunteer Involving Organizations (VIOs) to take action and strengthen capacity at national and global level.
Latest news from the field
09/07/2013 in NewsMY World Launch coupled with Cameroon International Model United Nations (CAMIMUN) at the National Youth Council Head Office in Yaoundé/Cameroon with full support from the United Nations Volunteers
09/07/2013 in NewsThe process of post-2015 consultation in Algeria came to a close with a meeting held on 30 June in Algiers. Post-2015 UN Volunteers Salima Remal and Katharina Meyer-Seipp organized the day in two moments: a validation workshop and an...
09/07/2013 in NewsTurkish GSM-Youth Services Centre in cooperation with UNV Turkey organized the Life-long Volunteering Conference in recognition of volunteering as a life-long learning tool and to promote an enabling environment and infrastructure for...