Survey on 'Integrating volunteering in the next decade: 10-year Plan of Action 2016-2025'
In 2012, the UN General Assembly requested "the Secretary-General to [present] a plan of action to be developed by the United Nations Volunteers programme to integrate volunteering in peace and development in the next decade and beyond [...]." (A/Res/67/138).
The United Nations Volunteers programme (UNV) has put together a Zero Draft of the 10-year Plan of Action 2016-2025 to integrate volunteering in policies and programmes through a more purposeful, strategic and collective long-term approach. This Zero Draft has taken into account a variety of input and feedback received from a wide range of stakeholders since the International Year of Volunteers (IYV) in 2001 and particularly during its tenth anniversary in 2011 and beyond.
UNV is now collecting feedback on the Zero Draft to revise the Plan before submission to the UN General Assembly in 2015.
Take our survey to provide your views, and join the UNV collaborative platform on the 10 Year Plan of Action to participate in further discussions and exchanges on integrating volunteering in the next decade.
Highlights from the Zero Draft
The Zero Draft identifies the following six key areas to enhance collective action:
- strengthening recognition of volunteerism;
- strengthening enabling environments for volunteerism;
- integrating volunteerism into strategies and policies;
- strengthening the evidence base for the impact of volunteerism;
- exchanging volunteer practices in different areas using innovative methods; and
- expanding existing partnerships.
The Annex to the Zero Draft summarizes several initiatives suggested by the UN Member States and other stakeholders over the years.
- Secretary- General Report 2012
- A/Res/57/106 - 2002 - Follow-up to the International Year of Volunteers
- A/Res/66/67 - 2011 - Tenth Anniversary of the Year of Volunteers
- A/Res/67/138 - 2012 - Integrating volunteering in the next decade
- State of the World's Volunteerism Report (2011)
- Open Working Group SDGs Zero Draft (July 2014)
- UNV technical documents on volunteering in the post-2015 agenda
- UNV issue briefs on volunteers contribution to development
- Key resources from Volunteer Involving Organizations on volunteering in the post-2015 agenda