dumbartonroad (@drcet)Volunteers help us improve our local community #IVD2015selfie t.co/bRQf7cNHFV
Helping Hand (@helpinghandge)We got our volunteers to tell us why they volunteer for #IVD2015. #IVD2015selfie #IVDgeorgia t.co/q0FpbRODMr
Nurzat KarimovaProud to serve as an international UN volunteer for refugees and internally displaced people. Let's make the world a better place. Are you ready? Volunteer to change our world!!!
UNAMI (@UNIraq)#Iraq: Happy International Volunteer Day from #FriendsofUNICEF volunteers in #Baghdad! #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie #NWNL t.co/pBy62SSZBJ
Dr Hernan Rodriguez OsoriaEs para mi un orgullo contribuir a la diminución de la mortalidad materna en Guinea Bissau. Ayudar en la formación de médicos jovenes garantizará el futuro y desarrollo de este maravilloso pais... Cero muertes maternas!!! Sí se puede!!!!
CIJ TAPACHULA (@cij_tapachula)#to2somosvoluntarios #soyvoluntarioCIJ #globalgoals #actioncounts #IVD2015selfie t.co/ZUgtZsItuP
- I have most awarness in education area, because when I was a child I couldn't get a good education, as the tuition to get it was expensive. So, right now, I try to give free education to the children around my house. I started to build a little school inside my house and find donations to provide the children with books and stationary.
UNV Sudan (@UNV_Sudan)Omar, is part of the change. Are you? Volunteer! #IVD2015Selfie #IVD2015 #ActionCounts #UNVSudan #GlobalGoals t.co/cEv2WtxW3P
- Being a volunteer means being one of the strategic players in partnership capacity building process around the globe, with a special taste of effort, different from the waged job. Being a volunteer, is a purification of the humanbeing spirit toward a noble goal which is peace for development and rooted equality for all.
- "I am a volunteer. Follow me!" Helping Hand, an organization promoting youth activism and volunteerism in Georgia, is organizing a day of community service on December 5 with various organizations across Tbilisi. Participants will volunteer at an organization for the day, then we will come together at the end of the day in an event to celebrate volunteers and volunteering. #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts
Marian Harkin (@MarianHarkin)#IVD2015selfie Sligo European Volunteering Capital 2017 t.co/oxUPNOX8U2
GOTAIS BRASILSer Voluntário, é justamente Ser Humano nos dias atuais...
Jasmin and ElinaPromoting Environment and Social Inclusion in Serbia
wilmer d. sauraproviding a voluntary services especially to marginalized group will give you an immeasurable happiness. seeing the smile and hearing their words of gratitude from the people you helped will surely satisfy and pay the hard work you've done for them.
IVD Abuja, NigeriaIVD Abuja: volunteering our time to get children Back to School #IVD2015selfie #Globalgoals #SDG4
Stella Adu/UNHCR-Reg. Rep-KinshasaUN Volunteers are making great impact in the operation's activities.We appreciate their service. Happy International Volunteer Day 2015!
- RESULTS Canada citizen advocates are asking the Canadian government to prioritize and plan for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Since August, they have been mobilizing communities and taking action by telling everyone about the goals and what they entail, as well as sharing information about the goals on social media. RESULTS Canada’s citizen advocates have also taken action by communicating with decision makers, whether in person, by phone, email or through the media. They have worked tirelessly to inform and influence decision-makers around Canada’s important role in reaching the Goals. The persistent and passionate efforts of RESULTS Canada volunteers have played a major role in preparing Canada to make the SDGs a reality.
- Este año creamos la plataforma www.appuntate.org junto con #FundaciónTelmex y #CTIN para promover el voluntariado y donación en México a través de una red social y una app que vinculan a las personas de manera directa con las fundaciones y sus causas.
Chérif Fatoumata (@Fatiiche)#JIV2015, c'était le 05 Décembre 2015 #IVD2015selfie @ActionCounts ''Le monde bouge et toi?'' Deviens volontaire t.co/FzU7sOglhY
Burhan Idris JikonYes! I will take the challenge to volunteer in anything to contribute in the making the world a better PLACE!
- I support IVD 2015 whole heartedly! Volunteerism is priceless, it not only contributes to the cause but it helps people build relationships that are long lasting.
UN Volunteers in UNHCR MaliUN VOLUNTEERS ACTION FOR PEACE IN MALI #IVD2015selfie Happy IVD from UNHCR Mali!
KARUGA (@karugakevin)I #LeadChange by volunteering for peace. #IVD2015Selfie #IVDKE2015 t.co/CccyF7mDbD
Millennium Campaign (@mcampaign)
Marthe Fare (@Nounfoh)Aïcha, volontaire internationale de réciprocité depuis #Reims s'engage pour le développement et toi? #IVD2015selfie t.co/3odsZmPni4
Ljubica and TijanaUN Volunteers supporting UNHCR Serbia are wishing a Happy International Volunteer Day!
Laura Adams (@LMAdams6)Planting trees near Issaquah Creek. Save the salmon, save the orcas! #IVD2015selfie #IVD2015 #orcas #GirlScouts t.co/6hfbIVBTT5
Volontariat au Togo (@anvt_togo)Les volontaires nationaux togolais participent au changement. Et toi? #IVD2015selfie t.co/3lCh08ICup
UNV (@UNVolunteers)I volunteer for #SDGs in Bonn! Happy International Volunteer Day! #IVD2015selfie t.co/fOWc9lTSy8
YouLeadNigeria (@YouLeadNigeria)Less than 24 hours to go!!! #ivd2015selfie #actioncounts #2031nigeria t.co/Cd6dz8Vv0m
VolunteersKL (@volunteersKL)"Volunteerism offers valuable opportunities for youth engagement and leadership" Firdaus #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie t.co/CawyheVU0J
Mauro Puzzo”I am both humbled and honored to be able to volunteer, to be a part of an effort that enables even the most vulnerable people to gain access to justice. While what we are individually doing can seem so small we must not forget that — as the saying common to so many cultures goes — it’s the small drops that make the mighty ocean.” Mauro Puzzo (Italy), UN Youth Volunteer Legal Officer in the Gambia
Paula HogrebePromoting people’s participation in the development and implementation of the post-2015 agenda has been a very interesting and rewarding experience.Paula Hogrebe (Germany), UN Youth Volunteer Volunteering and Post-2015 Officer in Cameroon
CIJ TAPACHULA (@cij_tapachula)#to2somosvoluntarios #soyvoluntarioCIJ #GlobalGoals #actioncounts #IVD2015selfie t.co/HC4nZGTyV3
Action Counts (@ActionCounts)European citizens @EYAgraz supporting #GlobalGoals. Are you? #IVD2015selfie t.co/qxHAQMJNJP
Askal Tilahun”Volunteering at a refugee camp has helped me to grow on both a professional and personal level. I like the personal contact because this way, we try to make sure no one falls through the cracks. As much as I am here to serve others, I actually find that these women and everyone at the Dzaleka refugee camp are the true inspiration."Askal Tilahun (Ethiopia), UN Volunteer Associate Community Services Officer in Malawi”
Bicharo Gure”Work doesn’t know if you are male or female! Can I replace a wheel single handedly? Check. Can I drive a truck? Check! . . . When I was young, my father did not want me to go to school. I did my high school studies in hiding, with my mother’s help. I wanted to learn a new skill that I knew was going to help me in my life afterwards. Volunteering as a mechanic is a dream come true.” Bicharo Gure (Kenya), UN Volunteer Mechanic in the Democratic Republic of Congo
Action Counts (@ActionCounts)
INternational Volunteer Day (IVD) 2015
On December 5th, International Volunteer Day, we not only celebrate volunteerism in all its facets - but also pay special tribute to volunteers working to implement the new global goals. Through volunteerism the person can impact the sustainable development agenda by mobilizing and engaging governments and communities. For IVD 2015 join us in recognizing the individuals who are engaged in volunteering their time, energies, and skills to change the world for a better future.
In this year’s IVD campaign you will see questions such as “Are you part of the change?”, “Will you take the challenge?“, “Are you ready?” and their answers, as thousands of individuals show how their volunteering is making a contribution and bring to light how volunteering is invaluable in making the world a better place.
Join us by posting your selfie here or on social media tagged with #IVD2015selfie and stories before and on 5 December 2015, filling the map to show how volunteering makes the difference in the Global Goals..
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
“As we seek to build capacities and to help the new agenda to take root, volunteerism can be another powerful and cross-cutting means of implementation. Volunteerism can help to expand and mobilize constituencies and to engage people in national planning and implementation for sustainable development goals. And volunteer groups can help to localize the new agenda by providing new areas of interaction between Governments and people for concrete and scalable actions.”
IVD2015 stories and selfies
Cuso International Nigeria
Cuso International Nigeria Program Office in Calabar in Collaboration with Lead Inspire & Transform (LIT) and Project 2031 Nigeria successfully held its maiden 2015 UN International Volunteers Day by holding a seminar on the theme “Your world is changing. Are…Read more...
South Africa marked IVD 2015
IVD 2015 celebration was held in Kaalfontein, an informal settlement near Midrand. The organizing committee identified the NGO- Tswaranang Orphaned and Vulnerable Children Centre to partner with from the community of Kaalfontein which has many other NGOs. Tswaranang OVC is…Read more...
Todo por un cambio
Todo por un cambio, nunca es tarde para empezar.Read more...View the embedded image gallery online at:
Ser Voluntário, é justamente Ser Humano nos dias atuais...Read more...View the embedded image gallery online at:
Be part of the change
Be part of the change in the community volunteering to support people living in your community distributing clothes to men, women and children living in the community caught in the cycle of poverty. Trippinz Care Mission Volunteers is a community…Read more...
200 volunteers serving children in Aracruz, Brazil
The International Volunteer Day 2015, was conducted in the municipality of Aracruz, Espirito Santo, Brazil, by GOTAIS NGO - World Reserve Fund for Water, with the full participation of 200 volunteers. They were served 64 needy children in the region,…Read more...
See all your stories