Yukiko UkeiI am pleased to be a volunteer and taking a part in volunteering!! https://www.facebook.com/tz.unvolunteers #unvtanzania #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts
YouLeadNigeria (@YouLeadNigeria)Volunteerism is simply rendering selfless service free of charge @2031Nigeria @CusoIntl #IVD2015selfie #cusoivd2015 t.co/inyMKhJRRA
Fundación Mornese (@fmornese)¡Voluntarios y voluntarias en @fmornese por los objetivos globales! #actioncounts #GlobalGoals #IVD2015selfie t.co/Ji83zEHHcu
- I volunteer for #globalgoals in Bonn!
Victoria NungiWe all need to be able to do something positive for our communities without expecting a payment. # True spirit of volunteerism#
UNHCR Somalia UN VolunteersWe, UNVs in UNCHR Somalia operations have been supporting the Somalia team in various units like operations data management, protection, and programme management. Work environment in high risk operations like Somalia is very challenging and we volunteers are very happy in bringing change in the daily lives of Somali people.
- IVD in Ethiopia Your world needs you. Will you take the challenge? Volunteer! www.facebook.com/unvethiopia
Nili Majumder (@NiliMajumder)Happy International Volunteer Day! #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts t.co/ctvMy9Efr7 via @ActionCounts
- I have most awarness in education area, because when I was a child I couldn't get a good education, as the tuition to get it was expensive. So, right now, I try to give free education to the children around my house. I started to build a little school inside my house and find donations to provide the children with books and stationary.
- By our actions towards students and orphans we are trying to contribute to education and poverty eradication at our level in Uganda. We have the chance to meet wonderful children. Our impact may be little but every action counts. Volunteer! #UNVUganda #IVD
Jasmin and ElinaPromoting Environment and Social Inclusion in Serbia
VNU Bénin (@vnubenin)Fiers de nos volontaires de l'UNFPA, à Parakou, Bénin #JIV2015 #IVD2015Selfie #actioncounts t.co/9dt1UAmKag
wilmer d. sauraproviding a voluntary services especially to marginalized group will give you an immeasurable happiness. seeing the smile and hearing their words of gratitude from the people you helped will surely satisfy and pay the hard work you've done for them.
- "I am a volunteer. Follow me!" Helping Hand, an organization promoting youth activism and volunteerism in Georgia, is organizing a day of community service on December 5 with various organizations across Tbilisi. Participants will volunteer at an organization for the day, then we will come together at the end of the day in an event to celebrate volunteers and volunteering. #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts
UN Volunteers in UNHCR TurkeyUN Volunteers in UNHCR Turkey are wishing a Happy International Volunteer Day!
VNU El Salvador (@VNUElSalvador)Así celebramoa el Dia Internacional de los Voluntarios en San Salvador #ElSalvador #DIV2015 #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie t.co/JGHE5Vj2XE
Chava (@XavaBanda)El mundo cambia, ¿y tu? Hazte voluntario :) #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts t.co/ZdPcQyKnYd
Urban Oasis Project (@urbanoasisproj)#IVD2015selfie at legion park farmers market! Fresh veggies and smiling faces all day! t.co/Nslt8V87GL
- YES, I am ready to change and ready to meet the challenges of big changes. I am committed to work for peace in the world and the happiness of humans. I wish the world a better place and that the equality and the human rights are respected all over the planet. UNV Ivory Coast -City of Abidjan
Phu01b0u01a1ng u0110u1eb7ng“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” Stay hungry, stay foolish. I'm ready!
UNAMI (@UNIraq)#Iraq: Happy International Volunteer Day from #FriendsofUNICEF volunteers in #Baghdad! #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie #NWNL t.co/pBy62SSZBJ
Mubashir NajibWorking as a online volunteer for UNDESA Survey 2016 had a greater impact on my professional life. Interaction with people from around the world knowing there culture, practical approach, and communication with them was a wonderful experience for me. It is only you who can make a difference in changing people's life. So be the part of this world.
Uygun ShadikhodjaevYour world is changing. Are you? Volunteer. #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie
- Being a volunteer means being one of the strategic players in partnership capacity building process around the globe, with a special taste of effort, different from the waged job. Being a volunteer, is a purification of the humanbeing spirit toward a noble goal which is peace for development and rooted equality for all.
Andres Enrique Sanchez BarreiroTodo por un cambio, nunca es tarde para empezar.
Ganetsang MpuisangVolunterism transcends boundaries and cultures. With volunteerism we unite nations and touch lives. We change lives and empower nations. Helping hand enriching hearts.....we bring hope to the hopeless
- We volunteer for Soutomaior Library. Spain. Happy International volunteer day!
- Happy International Volunteer Day 2015!
Operación Pangono (@opangopangono)Presentación sobre #IVD2015 na @BibliovivaU. Sairá algún novo voluntario para os #GlobalGoals? #IVD2015selfie t.co/8H68ebiQPt
UNV Sudan (@UNV_Sudan)Amina bint wahab students talking a selfie with the #SDGs. #IVD2015selfie #IVD2015 #UNVSudan t.co/bduH0lGWSW
INternational Volunteer Day (IVD) 2015
On December 5th, International Volunteer Day, we not only celebrate volunteerism in all its facets - but also pay special tribute to volunteers working to implement the new global goals. Through volunteerism the person can impact the sustainable development agenda by mobilizing and engaging governments and communities. For IVD 2015 join us in recognizing the individuals who are engaged in volunteering their time, energies, and skills to change the world for a better future.
In this year’s IVD campaign you will see questions such as “Are you part of the change?”, “Will you take the challenge?“, “Are you ready?” and their answers, as thousands of individuals show how their volunteering is making a contribution and bring to light how volunteering is invaluable in making the world a better place.
Join us by posting your selfie here or on social media tagged with #IVD2015selfie and stories before and on 5 December 2015, filling the map to show how volunteering makes the difference in the Global Goals..
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
“As we seek to build capacities and to help the new agenda to take root, volunteerism can be another powerful and cross-cutting means of implementation. Volunteerism can help to expand and mobilize constituencies and to engage people in national planning and implementation for sustainable development goals. And volunteer groups can help to localize the new agenda by providing new areas of interaction between Governments and people for concrete and scalable actions.”
IVD2015 stories and selfies
Cuso International Nigeria
Cuso International Nigeria Program Office in Calabar in Collaboration with Lead Inspire & Transform (LIT) and Project 2031 Nigeria successfully held its maiden 2015 UN International Volunteers Day by holding a seminar on the theme “Your world is changing. Are…Read more...
South Africa marked IVD 2015
IVD 2015 celebration was held in Kaalfontein, an informal settlement near Midrand. The organizing committee identified the NGO- Tswaranang Orphaned and Vulnerable Children Centre to partner with from the community of Kaalfontein which has many other NGOs. Tswaranang OVC is…Read more...
Todo por un cambio
Todo por un cambio, nunca es tarde para empezar.Read more...View the embedded image gallery online at:
Ser Voluntário, é justamente Ser Humano nos dias atuais...Read more...View the embedded image gallery online at:
Be part of the change
Be part of the change in the community volunteering to support people living in your community distributing clothes to men, women and children living in the community caught in the cycle of poverty. Trippinz Care Mission Volunteers is a community…Read more...
200 volunteers serving children in Aracruz, Brazil
The International Volunteer Day 2015, was conducted in the municipality of Aracruz, Espirito Santo, Brazil, by GOTAIS NGO - World Reserve Fund for Water, with the full participation of 200 volunteers. They were served 64 needy children in the region,…Read more...
See all your stories