Ljubica and TijanaUN Volunteers supporting UNHCR Serbia are wishing a Happy International Volunteer Day!
- "Volunteering with UNV has been a great way to learn more about the incredible work that UNV. It is a wonderful way to stay connected to the worldwide issues and learn about people and environment. I had an opportunity to work on design projects of UNV, and it a was lovely experience and a chance to participate to make the world a better place to live in. I would like to summarize that volunteering is a way to convert passion into action and make it an inspiration for others“ #IVD2015selfie - M. Junaid Abbasi
- I have most awarness in education area, because when I was a child I couldn't get a good education, as the tuition to get it was expensive. So, right now, I try to give free education to the children around my house. I started to build a little school inside my house and find donations to provide the children with books and stationary.
Van Nguyen (@vannguyen_UN)#IVD2015selfie t.co/hSdYOE5gVT
Patricia Kormawa (@Komeh86)@UNVolunteers @ActionCounts volunteering our time to get children back 2 school #IVD2015selfie #GlobalGoals #SDG4 t.co/4eDMUnTqdA
CIJ TAPACHULA (@cij_tapachula)#SoyvoluntarioCIJ #GlobalGoals #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts t.co/76VsCINvoA
HFH South Africa (@HFHSouthAfrica)We love volunteers! Here's a favorite #IVD2015selfie from our Nelson Mandela build. #IVD2015 #hardhats t.co/YQg0YOTg5y
Volunteering MacarthurVolunteering Macarthur held a morning tea for local volunteers on 25-11-2015 to celebrate the hours they have contributed the the 3 local government areas of Camden, Campbelltown and Wollondilly. The day was a great success in sharing stories and spreading the message to others about the importance of volunteering to support not for profit services.
UNV Sudan (@UNV_Sudan)We are Part of the Change. Are you? Volunteer! #IVD2015selfie #IVD2015 #ActionCounts t.co/xhknMjavYP
Mauro Puzzo”I am both humbled and honored to be able to volunteer, to be a part of an effort that enables even the most vulnerable people to gain access to justice. While what we are individually doing can seem so small we must not forget that — as the saying common to so many cultures goes — it’s the small drops that make the mighty ocean.” Mauro Puzzo (Italy), UN Youth Volunteer Legal Officer in the Gambia
UNV Sudan (@UNV_Sudan)Moneera is part of the change. Are you? Volunteer! #IVD2015Selfie #UNVSudan t.co/OtpnG5hooM
- Geoff Prewitt, Chief of the Development Programming Section (UNV Bonn) and Zelimir Mijic (UNV FU representative) participated in a number of events during the week of IVD in Bosnia and Herzegovina - both in Sarajevo and Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska. With UN Volunteer colleagues, we supported working with people with disabilities, street cleaning drives and other. We also participated in a wonderful volunteer gallery walk (Sarajevo) and Annual Volunteer Award Ceremony (Banja Luka). What a wonderful spirit of volunteerism that was shown - from all ages and genders and backgrounds - truly universal!
YouLeadNigeria (@YouLeadNigeria)Volunteering beyond color @CusoIntl @VolunteerCanada @VolunteerSpot @UNVolunteers #IVD2015selfie #actioncounts t.co/Ncz4OqIug0
VolunteersKL (@volunteersKL)"Volunteerism helps build characters." Rizal #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie t.co/KtRATDmrbV
Volontariat au Togo (@anvt_togo)Ils sont nouveaux volontaires pour le développement. Le monde bouge. Et toi? deviens volontaire #IVD2015selfie t.co/M5TvJIbyMl
LUIS ALONSO MARTINEZVOLUNTARIOS MODELO For second year in Mexico, Voluntarios Modelo held on IVD2015, adding to the global celebration to recognize the work of volunteers as promoters for development to achieve #Globalgoals. Across the country Grupo Modelo Foundation is promoting actions in more than 60 cities with 100 NGO's supporting environmental, education and community development causes. Voluntarios Modelo is present at IVD2015 Bringing People Together for a Better World. @voluntmodelo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnJehGUF1c
Eros and MarouaWe volunteer for SDGs! Happy IVD:)
Rashid Mehmood KhanI have the honor to start a volunteer youth group back in 2009, in Pakistan, that is now become a registered, youth lead, and non-governmental organization. I truly believe in the spirit of volunteerism.
- YES, I am ready to change and ready to meet the challenges of big changes. I am committed to work for peace in the world and the happiness of humans. I wish the world a better place and that the equality and the human rights are respected all over the planet. UNV Ivory Coast -City of Abidjan
- We volunteer for SDGs! #actioncounts
UNV Sudan (@UNV_Sudan)Amina bint wahab students talking a selfie with the #SDGs. #IVD2015selfie #IVD2015 #UNVSudan t.co/bduH0lGWSW
- I volunteer for #globalgoals in Bonn!
Fabio"I think the way I can help the society and create an impact on people is volunteering". #actioncounts
UN Volunteers in UNHCR MaliUN VOLUNTEERS ACTION FOR PEACE IN MALI #IVD2015selfie Happy IVD from UNHCR Mali!
Ana M. CeperoVoluntariado es la oportundad de ser y hacer comunidad. Estamos diseñados para vivir en colaboración. El voluntariado además nos permite crecer como seres humanos y como profesionales. Junto a otros, he podido contagiar la relevancia de ser voluntarios en proyecto de: alcance comunitario, misiones, artes y juventud. Por que las acciones cuentan, hoy saludo y honro a quienes como yo son fuerza en el lugar donde les ha tocado estar y en aquellos a los cuales se han movilizado.
hnsconsol@cion (@hnsconsolacion)#IVD2015selfie hoy lo celebramos en HP Castellón Voluntariado Consolación t.co/tvKg4oCXLO
Shreedeep Rayamajhi (@ShreedeepRay)It's upon you to stand for change and it's possible Helping kids in #kapanorphanage #IVD2015selfie t.co/ff16Kwi8qB
PraxisPraxis is an organization who works with volunteer since more than 10 years. We are focus to Humans Rights we promote and make differents events on this way!
UNHCR Mali (@UNHCRMali)
CEV (@VolunteeringCEV)Happy International Volunteer Day! London is European #Volunteering Capital 2016 @TeamLDN #IVD2015selfie #EVCapital t.co/lMtxHwifYv
VolunteersKL (@volunteersKL)"Volunteerism does not significantly determine who we are but what we do" Yusof #IVD2015 #IVD2015selfie t.co/2vBppWm1UD
- Volunteers based in Luganville, Santo, Vanuatu, celebrated International Volunteer Day with a picnic. Volunteers attending were from Australia, New Zealand and Japan, working in Health, Education, Tourism, Communications, Fisheries, and Agriculture.
Volunteer group of UNHCR HungaryFourty staff members of have formed a volunteer group to celebrate the International UN Volunteer on 5th of December 2015. Together we went to the refugee reception centre in Bicske, Hungary and tried to cheer up the day of the asylum-seekers and refugees living there. https://www.facebook.com/UNHCRcentraleurope/?pnref=story Volunteer action counts!
- Happy International Volunteer Day 2015!
Paula HogrebePromoting people’s participation in the development and implementation of the post-2015 agenda has been a very interesting and rewarding experience.Paula Hogrebe (Germany), UN Youth Volunteer Volunteering and Post-2015 Officer in Cameroon
INternational Volunteer Day (IVD) 2015
On December 5th, International Volunteer Day, we not only celebrate volunteerism in all its facets - but also pay special tribute to volunteers working to implement the new global goals. Through volunteerism the person can impact the sustainable development agenda by mobilizing and engaging governments and communities. For IVD 2015 join us in recognizing the individuals who are engaged in volunteering their time, energies, and skills to change the world for a better future.
In this year’s IVD campaign you will see questions such as “Are you part of the change?”, “Will you take the challenge?“, “Are you ready?” and their answers, as thousands of individuals show how their volunteering is making a contribution and bring to light how volunteering is invaluable in making the world a better place.
Join us by posting your selfie here or on social media tagged with #IVD2015selfie and stories before and on 5 December 2015, filling the map to show how volunteering makes the difference in the Global Goals..
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
“As we seek to build capacities and to help the new agenda to take root, volunteerism can be another powerful and cross-cutting means of implementation. Volunteerism can help to expand and mobilize constituencies and to engage people in national planning and implementation for sustainable development goals. And volunteer groups can help to localize the new agenda by providing new areas of interaction between Governments and people for concrete and scalable actions.”
IVD2015 stories and selfies
Cuso International Nigeria
Cuso International Nigeria Program Office in Calabar in Collaboration with Lead Inspire & Transform (LIT) and Project 2031 Nigeria successfully held its maiden 2015 UN International Volunteers Day by holding a seminar on the theme “Your world is changing. Are…Read more...
South Africa marked IVD 2015
IVD 2015 celebration was held in Kaalfontein, an informal settlement near Midrand. The organizing committee identified the NGO- Tswaranang Orphaned and Vulnerable Children Centre to partner with from the community of Kaalfontein which has many other NGOs. Tswaranang OVC is…Read more...
Todo por un cambio
Todo por un cambio, nunca es tarde para empezar.Read more...View the embedded image gallery online at:
Ser Voluntário, é justamente Ser Humano nos dias atuais...Read more...View the embedded image gallery online at:
Be part of the change
Be part of the change in the community volunteering to support people living in your community distributing clothes to men, women and children living in the community caught in the cycle of poverty. Trippinz Care Mission Volunteers is a community…Read more...
200 volunteers serving children in Aracruz, Brazil
The International Volunteer Day 2015, was conducted in the municipality of Aracruz, Espirito Santo, Brazil, by GOTAIS NGO - World Reserve Fund for Water, with the full participation of 200 volunteers. They were served 64 needy children in the region,…Read more...
See all your stories